Family Getaway in Gatineau for March Break
Let’s face it, Canada’s Capital region is the only place to bring the kids over March break. Here are our top 5 suggestions of things to do:
- Canadian Museum of History – Since it is just across the street from the Four Points by Sheraton Gatineau Ottawa, it is definitely a must when you visit Canada’s Capital Region. Currently, the museum has a special exhibition, Dreamworks Animation which will take you from sketch to screen.
- Camp Fortune – Get the kids active by taking them skiing! Even better, there are Spring Break lessons available.
- Lac-des-Loups – Skate through the forest on 3 km of ice trails.
- Le Domain Sugar Shack – Experience a traditional sugar shack meal, meet the owner and even go tubing!
- Canadian Museum of Nature - Canada’s natural history museum is always buzzing with special programming - at the Butterflies in Flight exhibit.
Book one of our great March break specials and make your trip with the family to Ottawa-Gatineau a memorable one:
Family Museum Package – rates starting at $255
Gorgeous architecture and world-renowned exhibitions convene to create Canada’s most-visited museum. Located on the banks of the Ottawa River — with a stunning view of Parliament Hill, the National Gallery of Canada, and downtown Ottawa — the Canadian Museum of History provides detailed insight into 20,000 years of human history. Let your eyes wander high into the sky as you take in the world’s largest indoor collection of totem poles and walk through impressive life-sized recreations of Canadian settlements over the past 1000 years.
- Accommodation in a traditional room
- Family Admission at the Canadian Museum of History
- Parking at the hotel
- Breakfast for 4
- $10 gift certificate valid at the Museum’s boutique
Book online or call 866-716-8133 and ask for rate plan PKGMUS2.
VIP Package – rates starting at $149
Book one night and get $50 off on the 2nd night stay (discount applied upon departure).
Book online or call 866-716-8133 and ask for rate plan VIPTREAT.
Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa is centrally located in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Guests can experience the unique French culture on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River while taking in all that the National Capital Region has to offer. Located right across from the Canadian Museum of History, beside the Palais des Congrès, and Gatineau’s Maison du Citoyen, the hotel and conference centre has a beautiful view of Parliament Hill and is only a five-minute drive to downtown Ottawa and the ByWard Market.
Take a Video Tour